Featured Author - Margarita Felices

Today's featured author on my blog is Margarita Felices. I had a chat with her and this is what she had to say. Enjoy :-) 



Why do you write?
To stop the voices in my head!   No seriously, it’s because I want to write something that I hope people will enjoy.  I don’t want to write the usual cliché stories, I want to write something that I would enjoy reading.  There are so many stories out there where the female character has to rely on her male lead and I wanted to shake it up a little.  And I love paranormal stories so I took my idea and made something from it. 
  
Which writers inspire you?
I don’t think I have a particular author who does that.  I mean, there are so many great authors, so to pick one would be wrong.   I admire a lot of authors for bringing us into a wonderful new world that we would miss if not for them.  I am inspired by anyone creative, not just authors.  I can think of storylines for new novels by looking at a painting or even from listening to a song and for that I will always be eternally grateful. 

What is your favorite book and why?
I have several favourites.  I am such a Stephen King and Anne Rice fan.  I love the suspense of a Stephen King novel, the way he can put you in a place that isn’t easy to escape from and one that will leave you just as terrified as that person you’re reading about.  Anne Rice writes in a romantic, yet horrific genre that makes you love the characters, even though they will be doing their best to kill you at the slightest moment.

What do you think is the easiest thing about writing? What is the most difficult?
Easiest?  Is there any part of writing that’s easy?
I love making a running order of what goes where, to have everything in order and know where my characters are meant to be at a specific point in the story.  Finding my characters and exploring their inner workings is the easiest part for me because I make sure I know my characters so deeply that each emotion is something I experience too. 
The most difficult?   The synopsis, the blurb writing.  I have written and re-written a blurb more times than I care to mention.  Does it ever make sense?  Probably not.  I find it one of the hardest things to do, what do you leave out, what do you keep in?  And keeping it to a specific length.  My synopsis was over five pages for JUDGEMENT OF SOULS 3.  A definite re-write was in order and my blurb made sense only to me! 
Promotions.  Perhaps after synopsis and blurb writing, its promotion and marketing.  Just where do you do this when there are so many authors?  Do you promote on Facebook, Twitter and blogs?  Are you promoting to more authors and less readers?  I’d really love to know what other authors are doing to promote themselves or are we running around in the same circle?

From books that have already been published by other authors, which book do you wish you had written? 
I would have loved to have brought Lestat to life.  I love the vampire genre and have always enjoyed a different sort of story about them.  Anne Rice did an amazing job with her vampire stories and I do love Lestat.  Even though she hated the film version of Queen of the Damned, a rock star vampire?  Who wouldn’t like that?

How do you market your books?
I promote at least once a week in lots of different Facebook groups as well as Twitter.  I contact a company that tweets once a day for a week and I tag myself into that promo so when I get a notification, I can then retweet it.

Any new release? If yes, what is it about?
I released a trilogy of short stories at Christmas.  The second book in the vampire trilogy was released in March 2014 and the last part will – hopefully – be finished by the end of 2015.

Book blurb
JUDGEMENT OF SOULS 3: Kiss at Dawn.   
Gothic horror in which a naïve pure-blood Vampire is tossed into the mortal world. Rachel meets Daniel, a nightclub owner and his group of friends and after Daniel’s best friend is murdered by Max (Rachel’s ex-lover), becomes embroiled in the search. Rachel tries to fight off her feelings for Daniel, even siding with her Vampire friend Arun to think again about Daniel’s involvement, but he’s her love and she’s going to protect him, no matter what.

JUDGEMENT OF SOULS 2: Call of the Righteous.  
Rachel has a promise to keep. When Max arrived at the Elysium and started to court the young Rachel, who knew why he was really there? Who knew what he was planning?
Who knew he’d frame her parents and leave behind such misery? Who knew he’d break her heart?
Rachel should have known.
It may take time to track him down, but she will and she’ll make him sorry. In the second part of this vampire trilogy, Rachel searches for Max and the missing vampire artefact to save her parents.  Meet her new best friend who happens to be mortal, meet her handsome Count destined for the guillotine and meet the Righteous, the fierce vampire hunters.

Book trailer 

Additional info





Comments

  1. Good interview. Lestat was a remarkable and memorable character. He breathed new life into the vampire genre.
    Chris K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margarita, I love your stories. And oh, do I get it about writing blurbs! I've gotten a little snappier with practice, but I am always so scared when I have to do a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing blurbs is tough for me, too. It's interesting that we can write whole books and struggle with a few succinct sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good interview. Enjoyed your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview. Synopsis - ugh! I whole heartily agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blurbs should be banned! heh heh

    I didn't mention that I will have a new release soon, it's being edited now. It's one that will appeal to the more mature woman who thinks that life has passed her by - it hasn't. (It's quite naughty too).

    Look out for it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! It was great to read what makes you tick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Featured Author: J.C. Hannigan

Featured Author: Amber Daulton