Featured Author: J.C. Hannigan

J.C. Hannigan lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband, their two sons and two dogs.
She writes contemporary new adult romance and suspense. Her novels focus on relationships, mental health, social issues, and other life challenges. She was kind enough to share her thoughts on her writing process. Enjoy :-) 



Why do you write?
I write because it's in my blood. It's something I've always done, and always enjoyed doing. Story weaving comes naturally to me, and it feels right.

Which writers inspire you? 
J.K. Rowling inspired me when I was younger. I couldn't believe that this struggling single mom made her a dream a reality, and the success she saw as a result of her hard work. Now I'm inspired daily by writers and women balancing their home, their jobs, and their passion for words.

What is your favorite book and why? 
I have so many books, honestly picking one is like asking me to pick a favorite child LOL. How about I go with my recently read favorites... To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han, Unfractured Souls by Tillie Cole, and Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott.

What do you think is the easiest thing about writing? 
The easiest is letting the words flow out, watching them turn into a story.

What is the most difficult? 
The revising and editing of that first draft. The first draft is basically where you've expelled all your thoughts and are left with a mess that you get to clean up. 

From books that have already been published by other authors, which book do you wish you had written? 
I honestly don't have an answer for this question...I couldn't imagine writing a book better than what the author did. There can be a billion concepts (example: time travel, or a student teacher romance) and each author has a special tone and voice that they bring to the table. 

How do you market your books? 
I talk about them, like a lot. But I also don't JUST talk about them, I talk about a billion other things. Basically, I don't stop talking. I try and form connections with my readers, so that they know I'm a real person too and I'm just as invested in the characters they fall for as well. I try to be myself and be real online. 

Any new release? If yes, what is it about? 
Yes - I literally just released the first book in the Damaged Series, Damaged Goods! Damaged Goods is about a 17-year-old girl who's been in love with the untouchable, unreachable bad boy for years. She used him as a security blanket to avoid doing intimidating things. This is her final year in high school and she's done sitting around waiting for him. She's determined to experience all the things she's missed out on. 




Book blurb:
Everly Daniels can’t seem to fall out of love with Grayson Dixon.
Five years after locking eyes with him, Everly is drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He has a pull on her that she can’t seem to break, even if she wanted to. Grayson may be the love of her life, but he doesn’t make it easy. He has built walls around himself that only Everly can breach. But Grayson knows he is not the good guy. He is reckless and careless, and even if Everly brings a little color into his life, he worries he will destroy her, and cares too much to let that happen.
She has always been the shy wallflower who is afraid to participate. But senior year, all that is about to change.
This captivating new adult novel will take readers on a riveting journey of emotion and growth.

Book excerpt:
"Where are we going?" I asked, pausing by the side of his truck.
"Away from here," Grayson replied shortly, his jaw clenched. He was angry and avoiding eye contact.
"Why?"
Grayson sighed heavily. He dropped his hand, stepping towards me purposefully. "Because I need to keep you from making any more bad decisions tonight."
"What makes you think you need to keep me from making bad decisions?" I frowned, my words slow, clogged with alcohol. He raised a brow, and I flushed with shame as I thought about my behavior. I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes at him. "And you're somehow the better decision?" I asked hotly.
Grayson grinned mischievously as he stepped toward me. My heart jumped in response to his sudden nearness. He raised his hand, catching a long strand of my hair as the wind gently blew it about my face. "In this case, I am," he replied. His voice was low with hidden meaning. Desire laced his words.
My eyes fluttered as his face came closer to mine, his hand snaking around the back of my neck, his grip tightening on my hair ever so slightly. Not enough to cause pain, but enough to keep me rooted.
It was Grayson who kissed me this time. His lips gently pressing against mine, the cold hardness of metal was a startling contrast against the warmth and softness of him.
My lips parted in response, and Grayson let out a primitive growl that made the blood surge in my veins. His body boxed me against the side of his truck, and I moaned as his tongue sought entrance.
I gave it to him willingly. Kissing Grayson was explosive, intense, and everything that kissing Kyle hadn't even managed to come close to. Grayson made me forget all my insecurities. Kissing him made me want all the things that I feared. He had a power over my mind, heart, and body...and I knew that it was unbreakable.
Only Grayson didn't want me. At least, not completely. I could feel his desire against my lower abdomen, but the words he'd said time and time again rattled around in my brain. I can't feel that for you. I'm not boyfriend material. I can't be what you want me to be.
Still, my body responded to his as if I didn't have a choice. I wanted to go with him, wherever he wanted to take me...for however long. It was better than the silence; better than not being with him at all.
"Let's get out of here, please," I whispered, shivering from the cold and his touch. I didn't want to go back to the party, back to Kyle. Grayson nodded, pressing his lips to my forehead before he released me. 

Additional info


Book Links

DAMAGED GOODS: 

COLLIDE:

CONSUMED:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Featured Author: Amber Daulton

Featured Author - Margarita Felices